Innovation at its Best
For 20 years, Purina Veterinary Diets® have been formulated as nutritional aids in dietary management of dogs and cats with certain health problems. Each diet has been formulated to meet special dietary needs.
- The first canine gastroenteric diet formulated with medium-chain triglycerides: EN Gastroenteric® Canine Formula (dry formula or canned)
- The first truly hypoallergenic diet for dogs with food allergies: HA Hypoallergenic® Canine Formula (dry formula)
- The first diet of its kind specifically formulated with high protein and low carbohydrate for diabetic cats: DM Dietetic Management® Feline Formula (dry formula or canned)
- The first joint mobility diet based on gene-expression and nutrigenomics was launched: JM Joint Mobility® Canine Formula (dry formula or canned). This is an innovative diet containing the highest level of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids of any veterinary diet indicated for the dietary management of adult arthritic dogs.
- An innovative nutritional supplement that contains a probiotic, Enterococcus faecium SF68, for the dietary management of dogs and cats with diarrhea. This probiotic has been shown to be safe, stable, and effective in restoring normal intestinal health and balance: FortiFlora®
An Impressive Research & Development Pipeline
Nestlé has over 5,000 people directly involved in research and development, 27 research, development, and technology centers worldwide, and in 2008 alone spent 1.98 billion Swiss francs on research and development. What does this mean to you and your pet? That Purina is at the forefront in developing innovative and effective nutritional solutions for dogs and cats with certain health conditions.