Feline Pro Plan Restage FAQs
Why did you make the packaging change?
- We wanted to make it easier to shop our entire line so that you can more easily find the right products for your cat
- Inspired by our cats’ natural greatness, we offer a complete line of dry formulas, wet entrées and snacks, to help them live a healthy, engaging life.
Have you added or removed any ingredients from the formulas?
- The only ingredient changes to the formulas were the addition of natural caramel color to the two Adult Savor Formulas (Chicken & Rice and Salmon & Rice).
I see that you’ve changed the order of some of the ingredients, why?
- We routinely optimize our formulas to help ensure nutritional consistency in our Pro Plan Formulas.
- Because the nutrient content of our raw materials may vary slightly from time to time, in order to deliver nutritional consistency, the amounts of certain ingredients in the formula may vary slightly over time.
- Just to be clear, the slight changes are to ensure that we consistently deliver the nutritional excellence our consumers come to expect.
What’s new with the brand?
We know that every cat is different in her own, wonderful way. So, we separated our line into three new categories to make it easier to find the nutritional offering that is the right one for your cat.
New Formula Names
•The formulas are categorized into three types:
o Savor – Adult Chicken & Rice and Salmon & Rice dry foods, Savory Wet Foods and treats
* Embracing senses through taste, texture and aroma
* We are launching four new “braised” wet items in June
o Focus – Indoor Care, Kitten Adult 11+, Weight Management, Hairball Management, Kitten, Long Coat, UTH
* Promoting excellence through specialized nutrition
* Helps meet specific health needs: life-stage, lifestyle, physical characteristics, or special needs
o Finesse – Dry: New Protein + formulas: Turkey & Rice and Trout and Rice; Wet Formulas contain multiple sources of animal protein
* Dry Contains high levels of protein (45%) to help promote whole body health
* Includes multiple sources of protein to achieve optimal protein levels (Dry & Wet)
* Optimized for lean muscle, strength, and energy (Dry & Wet)
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Kitten Chicken and Brown Rice Formula
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Chicken and Brown Rice Formula
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Salmon and Brown Rice FormulaNatural Turkey & Barley Formula for Puppies
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Kitten Chicken and Brown Rice Entrée
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Yellowfin Tuna and Mackerel Entrée
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Turkey and Wild Rice Entrée
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Salmon and Brown Rice Entrée
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Chicken and Brown Rice Entrée
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Beef and Brown Rice Entrée
• Pro Plan Selects Natural Cod and Shrimp Entree
Why are you adding color to the foods in Savor line?
- We have added caramel coloring to improve the look of our dry products in the Savor line. The caramel used is a natural ingredient and has no effect on the taste or nutrition of these products
What is the benefit of a cat food having 45% protein?
- Since cats are natural carnivores, they require higher levels of protein in their diets, which helps support an adult cat’s lean body mass.
Will the increased amount of protein in the Finesse products make my cat hyper?
- No, we would not expect any of our formulas to make your cat overly energetic.
Where is the trout sourced from?
- Our trout is sourced within North America.
Is it ocean caught or farm raised?
- We use fresh water rainbow trout that is farm raised.
Is there a benefit of feeding my cat trout over salmon?
- Both salmon and trout are great sources of animal protein for cats. There are no known differences in feeding trout versus salmon to your cat.