Pet obesity is a growing problem. How to become part of the growing solution.
Purina Veterinary Diets® has created a Purina® Certified Weight Coach Program to help you in the fight against pet obesity. As part of Project Pet Slim Down™, this certification program gives veterinary staff the expertise to lead a weight program, help patients get to a healthier weight, and grow your practice.
Benefits of Becoming a Purina® Certified Weight Coach
You will become a leader in the fight against pet obesity:
- Gain expertise in nutrition and weight counseling.
- Help your patients and motivate your clients.
- Get tools and resources to set up a weight center in your clinic.
Once certified, coaches get access to an exclusive Weight Coach Support Center to connect with peers, track client activity and access marketing materials.
With this toolkit, you can play a central role in developing a clinic weight center, helping to drive clinic business:
- Develop a structured program to keep clients involved.
- Help market your clinic as a center for weight management expertise.
How to Gain Certification
Certification is achieved through the online continuing education program, Daily Nutrition Matters. Simply complete the required modules to gain certification.
- Nutrition 101: Nutrition Basics (3.5 hours CE credit)
- Nutrition 101: Feeding Dogs and Cats (2.5 hours CE credit)
- Project: Pet Slim Down™ (1.5 hours CE credit)